This is natural phenomenon which benefits to mother as well as child which should not be avoided. Ayurvedic scholars have praised and elaborately explained in the ancient books about many advantages of mother’s milk. Breastfeeding is the best method to give LOVE to the child. This makes a woman a “Complete Mother”. A child understands mother through her milk. In Ayurveda Mothers milk is called as “Amrut”-Nector. Each breast is considered as the knowledge pot for the child.
How to test quality of Good milk
Let a drop of milk fall into a container of water.
If it disappears then it’s a good milk, if it sinks it is considered as heavy with Kapha dosha so mother has to avoid having kapha vrudhikara aahara -food .If the milk floats then it is because of air vata – Child will pass gassy stools and suffers from grips. If pitta is in excess it will tinge the milk yellow.
Facts about lactation
- Mother’s milk is naturally sterile and protects child from various infection and diseases.
- It is always available at the right temperature and suitable for child.
- It increases the immunity of child
- Various digestive enzymes present in mother’s milk which helps child to have proper digestion
- It also helps mother to be fit and her hormones to be in normal condition.
- Breastfeeding decreases in postpartum weight retention
- Mothers who breastfeed their babies have a reduced risk of breast cancer , ovarian cancer, and endometrial cancer.
- Women who breastfeed their infants had less anxiety and more mutuality than the women bottle feeding their infants as proved by various studies.
Breastfeeding is not a choice it’s a Responsibility
We are the best Ayurvedic hospital in Bangalore, where we provide holistic healthcare services tailored to your specific needs. Our team of highly skilled best ayurvedic doctor in Bangalore specializes in various treatment modalities, including Ayurvedic treatment for throat care in Bangalore. Whether you’re seeking treatments at our Ayurvedic clinic in Bangalore or visiting our Ayurvedic hospital, we prioritize your well-being.
In addition to our comprehensive range of treatments, we understand the importance of supporting new mothers on their breastfeeding journey.
Dr Smita , Head of practice and Governance
Read Blog Article: Autism