Insomnia is a sleep disorder, characterized by difficulty in falling asleep or staying asleep.
- Stress is foremost cause for insomnia
- Irregular sleep habit
- Some of the mental health disorders like, anxiety, post-traumatic stress
- Medical conditions linked with insomnia include Chronic pain, Cancer, Diabetes, Asthma, GERD, Heart disease and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Consumption of Caffeine, nicotine and alcohol
- Old age or senility
- Use of some of medications or drugs
- Difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep
- Fatigue, malaise
- Memory and concentration difficulties
- Mood disturbances and irritability
- Tension headaches, difficulty in socialization
- Gastrointestinal disturbances
In Travancore Ayurveda our doctors will first find out the cause of your insomnia and will treat you accordingly. External therapies like Thalapodichil, Sirodhara, Talam, Picu etc can give wonderful results in insomnia conditions. In some cases, panchakarma therapies like Nasyam or Virechana also is needed. Along with internal medications, yoga, meditation and diet changes insomnia will not be a problem for you anymore.