Are you suffering from a throat infection? Is your voice reaching new heights as it breaks and cracks? Are you getting a sore throat after every hour of talking? Don’t worry – you are not alone! Throat pain, Sore Throat, and Throat Infections are the most common issues in humans. The solution for throat infections is many but the most reliable one is an ayurvedic medicine for throat care.
Ayurvedic medicine is a natural practice, with ancient roots. The process involves the use of herbs and other plants to treat various conditions.
What is Throat Care?
Throat care is important for health and prevents any type of breathing problem. Daily, we constantly need to breathe to fuel ourselves and a lot of our small routine activities. Also, of course, the throat is vital in the sense of location. It is an epicenter in our body that connects the outside world with the inside.
The causes of throat pain can vary from person to person. However, some common causes of throat pain are seen in many people.
Causes of Throat Pain
- Sore throat: This is one of the most common causes of throat pain. A sore throat is usually caused by a viral infection, such as the common cold or the flu.
- Allergies: Allergies can also cause throat pain. People who are allergic to dust, pollen, or other substances may experience throat pain when they come into contact with these allergens.
- Acid reflux: This can cause heartburn and chest pain, as well as throat pain.
- Tonsillitis: Tonsillitis is an inflammation of the tonsils, which are two small glands at the back of the throat.
- Smoking: Smoking tobacco can irritate the throat and cause throat pain.
Symptoms of Throat Pain
- Difficulty in food swallowing.
- The appearance of pus in your tonsils.
- Cracked or low voice.
- Swollen throat.
Causes of Sore Throat
A common type of throat pain is called a sore throat. These days this pain is often referred to as a viral sore throat. One of the most common causes of sore throat is known as ‘gala shotha’ in Ayurvedic terms. This refers to inflammation of the throat tissues due to the accumulation of toxins. It is often the result of an infection, such as a cold or flu, but can also be caused by allergies or other irritants.
Symptoms of Sore Throat
- Constant coughing is a common symptom.
- It may cause scratchy throat that is accompanied by fever, and hoarseness.
Causes of Throat Infection
There are many causes of the throat infection, and sometimes the cause is not clear.
However, some common causes of Throat infection include:
- Infection: A viral or bacterial infection can cause inflammation and soreness in the throat.
- Allergies: Allergies can sometimes cause throat pain and swelling, as well as other symptoms such as sneezing and a runny nose.
- Muscle strain: Muscles in the throat can become strained from overuse, such as from coughing or screaming. This can lead to pain and stiffness in the neck and shoulder
Symptoms of Throat Infection
- Difficulty in breathing.
- Difficulty in swallowing even liquids.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Throat care
Ayurveda has been thriving for centuries and is a science that focuses on curing health problems by using natural products. Ayurvedic medicine is related to Yoga as it helps in achieving a perfect balance between body, mind, and soul.
If you’re searching for ayurvedic treatment for throat care, then you’ve come to the right place. At Travancore Ayurveda, we offer a wide range of ayurvedic treatments and therapies that can help improve your throat health.
Travancore Ayurveda presents its proprietary throat care gargling powder GALASHODAK, enriched with the goodness of Ayurveda and essential herbs like Yastimadhu, Saindhava Lavana, Haridra, Tulsi, Lavanga, Pudina, Twak processed in various proportions.
Galashodak , an herbal powder for gargling for complete throat care. In Ayurveda, medicated gargling is called as “kabala” a procedure described in dinacharya. This is very useful in prevention of the diseases of the throat. In this procedure patient will be holding comparatively small quantity of liquid in the throat and made to move briskly and spitting out. It clears the throat, hoarseness of voice, sour throat, and mucus accumulation in throat.
How to use Galashodak?
Mix 3 gms of Galashodak , mix well with 60ml hot water and gargle 2 to 3 times a day .
Some of the ayurvedic treatments that we offer for throat care include:
- Herbal Steam Inhalation: This therapy uses a mixture of herbs and spices to create steam that helps soothe and open up the sinuses.
- Nasal Drops: Nasya oil or ghee can be used as nasal drops to help lubricate the inside of the nose and clear any blockages.
- Gargling with Salt Water: This is a simple but effective way to reduce swelling and inflammation in the throat.
- Drinking Warm Liquids: Drinking warm liquids such as soup, tea, or honey water can help soothe a sore throat.