Anxiety is a feeling of worry or fear especially about the future. It is a very common problem seen now a days especially after the hit of global pandemic Covid-19.
The sudden pause in each person’s life has affected the mental wellbeing of many individuals in a negative way thereby causing this Anxiety.
Though it is difficult to specify any one particular cause for anxiety or such fears instead repetitive past bad experiences or some emotional trauma can lead to the cause of anxiety. Also it can be associated with various medical conditions.
- Trauma – any kind of emotional or mental trauma.
- Stress due to illness and some past repetitive Experiences.
- Personality – persons having more tendency to overthink or more emotional.
- Associated with other medical conditions like heart disease, diabetes, thyroid problems etc.
- Alcohol , drug abuse , chain smokers and sudden withdrawal.
- Social and Economic status of person.
- Feeling tired, nervous and restless
- Having a sense of danger, panic or loneliness
- Fatigue or sweating
- Racing or unwanted thoughts
- Difficulty on concentrating or doing some work
- Gastrointestinal problems-IBS
- Disturbed eating habits
- Dryness of mouth
- Lack of concentration
- PTSD(post-traumatic stress disorder)
- Rapid heart rate
- Cold hands and feets
- Panic Attacks
In Ayurveda Anxiety disorders symptoms to aggravated prana vata and increasing sattava guna.pranavata weakens the nervous system and triggers mental imbalance.
Managing anxiety to stay calm, healthy and immune A person is considered healthy when the body has balance of tridoshas, agni i.e. digestive fire is proper, dhatus (body tissues) and malas (waste) are in a balanced state.
Along with this the soul, mind and all sense organs should be in a balanced state and properly functioning. So a lot of importance is given to the mental well being also.
Panchakarma treatments advised:-
- Shiro pichu /Thalam
- Shiro vasti
- Pada Abhyangam
All these treatments help in the relaxation of the body as well mind thereby giving a soothing calm effect on the mind.
Medicines: Brahmi- it prevents anexity and stress and boost brain function.
Aswagandha : Ashwagandha promotes balance energy to the body to reduce the insomnia and boost energy.
Vacha: The root of vacha has releiving power over various mental disorders. It will help to sleep better and calm your anexity.
Do make a daily routine of yoga, medication and appropriate diet which maintain your lifestyle and gives u healthy sleep.
Dr Priyanka,K.J ,B.A.M.S