Eczema or dermatitis refers to distinctive reaction patterns in the skin, which can be either acute or chronic.
- Hypersensitivity to common environmental antigens, including pollen and house dust mite
- Due to genetic predisposition
- Use of detergents, alkalis, acids, solvents and abrasive dusts are common causes
- Due to contact with nickel in costume jewellery, watches, rubber gloves
- Stress, heat and environment can indirectly provoke the disease
Acute: Itchy dry skin, redness, swelling, papules, vesicles and rarely large blisters, exudation, cracking and scaling of skin
Chronic: All above features with dry leathery thickening with increased skin marking, fissures, scratch marks and pigmentation changes
In Travancore Ayurveda, first we will find out the root cause of the disease. After thorough history taking our doctors will advise the panchakarma therapies as per the vitiated doshas. Treatments includes Snehapana, Abhyanga, Virechana, Lepana, Dhara etc and bloodletting techniques like Prachana and Jaloukavacharana. Along with treatments, patients are advised to follow diet and lifestyle changes instructed by the doctor.