Facial palsy is defined as an inability to move the muscles of the face on one or both sides.
- It mainly causes due to inflammation of 7th cranial nerve
- Excessive yawning, loud laughing
- Eating hard food stuff
- Carrying heavy loads on head
- Infection of middle ear
- Herpes zoster and Viral infection
- Skull fracture
- Facial Weakness
- Impairment in taste
- Muscle twitching
- Ringing in one or both ears
- Difficulty in speech
- Pain and discomfort in jaw and behind ears
- Tremors in head
Travancore Ayurveda provides various panchakarma treatments such as Abhyanga, Nadi sweda (ksheera dhooma), Kukkutanda sweda, Nasyam, Sirobasti, Karnapoorana. It is advised to consult Vaidya/Doctor before starting treatment.