Is an ayurvedic treatment which longs back 2000 years and is gaining appreciation in this era because of its miraculous result in a field of treatment The treatment done with the help of fire ( Agni) is called as Agni Karma.
If you’re looking for Ayurvedic treatment for joint pain in Bangalore, Agni Karma is a highly effective therapy that can provide you with relief. This ancient technique, practiced for over 2000 years, involves the use of fire to target the painful area and alleviate discomfort. Visit our renowned Ayurvedic hospital in Bangalore to consult with the best Ayurvedic doctor in Hyderabad and receive personalized care.
KARMA: WORK/ PROCEDURE
- So the procedure done with fire is called as Agni Karma.
- It mainly deals in pain relieving.
- A high temperature is induced into a specific focused area which is confirmed or diagnosed as affected area in the body.
- Mainly the painful area or the root of the cause of pain is selected. After the introduction of heavy temperature the, area is cooled immediately with Ayurvedic herbs.
- This process is known as Agni Karma.
WHERE IN TEXTS?
Susrutha Samhitha Suthra sthana 12 th chapter describes about Agni Karma.
It Is included in “Anusastra” by him
Agni Karma“can be”correlated to thermal cauterization, but not exactly that.
Why Agni Karma?
tat sadhyatwa cha!!!
What drug will not cure , knife cures!!!
What the knife will not cures, cautery cures!!!
What cautery will not cure, must be considered as incurable!!!
No chance of recurrence of the disease.
Diseases which do not respond to Medicine, Surgery and Kshara Karma can be treated.
When Agni Karma?
When pain aggravated by Vata in skin, muscles, joints, tendons, ligaments and bone Agni Karma can be used.
But it have to be done only if Vaidya is sure that no other methods are working
How agnikarma works?
- Application of Agni or heat raises the local temperature spontaneously, which leads to dilatation of local blood vessels thus increased tissue per fusion occurs.
- This clears the accumulated metabolic waste which is causing the local inflammation.
- It resolves the inflammation then the pain will get reduced
- Application of high temperature to very small focused area and it gets instantly cooled… this activates the nerve impulses and it leads to muscular contraction , thus the pain pain relief.
Indication in current practice.
Though in texts Agni karma is indicated in different diseases, Agni Karma is currently practiced mainly in pain management Like..
Mechanical back pain
Viral Warts etc..
- It is done with an instrument called Agni Karma Salaka
- Acharya have also said many other things to agni karma
- Which is heated in fire to read hot and is applied on the the affected area
- Then that area is cooled with herbs
- After the treatment the area we have done the procedure is left open to have touch with air
It is the instrument commonly used for agni karma
It is made up of combination of 5 metals (Pancha loha)
- Tamra (Copper)- 40%
- Loha (Iron)-30%
- Yasada (Zinc)-10%
- Yasada (Zinc)-10%
- Rajatha (Silver) -10 %
- Swarna (gold)-10%
Read Blog Article: PLANTAR FASCIITIS