Hair oiling has been our tradition, a way of expressing love for our family, and an integral part of amorous self-care. Ayurveda professes, “abhyangam aachare nityam”: resort to massages regularly. Head massage is the simplest way to ensure thick lush hair growth, prevent hair aging and improve scalp health. The benefits run deeper. A head massage can help allay stress, and improve sleep, cognition, and focus. Travancore Ayurveda is the best ayurvedic hospital in Hyderabad to provide ayurvedic hair oiling to relieve stress and much more.
Are we oiling our hair the correct way? Let’s find out.
1) Leaving oil overnight: Massages are recommended a couple of hours before snana (bathing). Leaving the oil on for too long makes the scalp susceptible to microbial growth. This can cause Dandruff and Acne. Stepping outside the house with oiled hair is strongly discouraged, in Ayurveda. This may attract dust and pollution, worsening pre-existing hair problems. Oil your hair 2 hours before washing them. Hair oiling is one of the best ayurvedic treatments for stress and also for people who face frequent imbalances in concentration.
2) Not oiling hair before head wash: Pre-wash oiling creates a barrier between surfactants and hair proteins. It prevents the scalp from drying out through the use of shampoo and water. The hair cuticles remain adherent, preventing protein loss and damage. Pre-oiling hair also leads to fewer tangles thus lesser hair fall. The hair appears frizz-free, shinier, and smoother. The experts at Travancore- the best ayurvedic hospital in Hyderabad suggest keeping oil before taking a head wash. To know in detail contact our experts today and get rid of various hair problems naturally.
3) Oiling hair after head wash: Oiling should precede washing, not the other way around. As discussed above, leaving the oil on can attract dust and trigger microbial growth. Dandruff and acne can also worsen. Abhyangam follows snanam in the sequence of Dinacharya as explained by the scholar Ashtanga Hridayan-kar. Oiling hair after the wash is an anomaly in the sequence of the daily care routine. If all the hair feels dry after hair wash, choose a light styling oil and apply only on the lengths of the hair, not on the scalp. Refrain from using pure vegetable oils like coconut and sesame after head wash. If you are dealing with stress then you must contact us. We provide the best ayurvedic treatments for stress at the best price.
4) Choosing the wrong oil: Not all oils are the same. The oils differ greatly in their properties. Ayurveda classifies them based on their action on Vata, Pitta, and Kapha dosha in the body. Each individual has a unique permutation and combination of Vata Pitta and Kapha energies. This becomes their unique identity, known as Prakriti. Ayurveda believes one should ascertain their Prakriti and then choose the oil. For example, a person of Vata Prakriti may be sensitive to coconut oil. It can trigger sinusitis, congestion, and heaviness of the head if left for a long time. For the best hair oiling services you can contact Travancore- the best ayurvedic hospital in Hyderabad. We also provide ayurvedic treatment for dry eyes, ayurvedic treatment for infertility, ayurvedic treatment for stress, and much more.
5) Skipping the massage: Hair oil needs to seep into your scalp and cuticles, to work its magic. Once the hair and scalp are well soaked in oil, adopt circular finger strokes to gently massage your scalp. You can also use a wide-toothed comb to gently massage the scalp and the lengths of the hair. Mechanical stimulation of the scalp increases blood flow through it. The flow of nutrients in the hair follicles and the removal of toxic metabolites increase manifold. Simply put, gentle massage encourages thicker, fuller, and stronger hair growth. Undergo ayurvedic treatment for stress at Travancore- the best ayurvedic hospital in Hyderabad to stay stress-free.
A head massage sounds very ordinary in the context of complex hair problems. But a simple and humble head massage when done correctly and regularly can revolutionize hair health. It can transform your hair, metamorphose your appearance and reshape your persona. In addition, if you are searching for an ayurvedic hospital in Hyderabad, look no other than Travancore. Travancore provides natural solutions to health-related problems. Contact us today and become disease-free!