“Welcome to An Ayurvedic Detox retreat program of Travancore Ayurveda. Vasti karma is one of the 5 Internal detox programs – Shodhana Karma. Let’s discuss about Vasti karma
“Vasti is mentioned as one of the five Panchakarma which aims for detoxification of the toxins from the body. It is a process of administering medicated decoction or oil enemas through anal, vaginal or urinary region. Vasti is considered as “Ardha Chikitsa”by Acharya Charak as it is the best treatment in maintaining the quality and quantity of life.
Vasti is considered to be the most effective treatment for vata disorders and Vata dosha being the most significant dosha to control the other two doshas, Vasti plays a major role in ayurvedic treatment.
There are two types of vasti which can be administered on the basis of liquid which is admistered.
- Anuvasana Vasti admistered with medicated oils.
- Niruha/Kashaya Vasti admistered with medicated decoction, milk, as per the disease condition.
BENEFITS OF VASTI
Vasti treatment has the following benefits:
- It helps to eliminate out the vitiated doshas from the body.
- It helps to pacify the aggravated doshas.
- It helps in vajikarana.
- It promotes health, immunity and strength.
- It helps in brihana i.e. nourishment as well as langhana i.e. emaciation.
- It helps in cleaning the intestine and maintains the health of gut.
- It promotes quality and quantity of life.
- Beneficial in diseases like osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, cervical and lumbar spondylosis, musculoskeletal disorders, paralysis, obesity, constipation, infertility etc.
DR.SRISHTI MEHROTRA KHANNA, B. A. M. S, P. G (Diploma)
Centre Head -Travancore Ayurveda