Dhanyamladhara is a type of Sweda (Sudation) therapy. This comes under Parisheka sweda. Pouring of hot kashayam/thailam/ghrutham/kanji etc liquid over the body from a specific height is known as Parisheka sweda.
Dhanyamladhara is made of 3 word –
Dhanya means cereals, Amla means sour &Dhara means stream pouring or showering.
Tandula – Rice
Pruthuka – Rice flakes
Kulatha – Horse gram
Laja – Puffed rice
Kangubeeja – Little millet
Kodrava – Koda millet
Nagara – Dry ginger
Nimbuka – Lemon
Jala – Water
These cereals are mixed and tied in a cotton bag or in separate bags and lemon in another bag in a big vessel and water is added in a proportion. This is heated continuously for 7 days in a medium fire and once fermented then it’s used for treatment.
- Inflammatory diseases like Rheumatoid arthritis.
- Ankolyzing spondylitis
- Neuromuscular & Musculoskeletal diseases
- Relives pain, stiffness and swelling
- Provides strength to the tissues
- Rejuvenates the body
- Improves blood circulation
- Brings lightness to the body
Dr Sreelakshmi Vijay,B.A.M.S